cat.exe failing silently with exit status 3

Hi all. A few days ago I noticed that cat.exe was failing without printing any output or errors and exiting with status 3. I tried rebooting, updating my Cygwin, even a fresh install of Base only. I removed all recently installed Windows software and nothing changed. What's truly strange is that it seems to be only cat that is broken. Hilariously tac works fine. I can even emulate cat with "tac foo |tac".

Whatever changed, Cygwin, coreutils, or Windows, I can't narrow it down. I'm on Windows 7 SP1 and my Cygwin is up to date (3.0.4-1). Coreutils is 8.26-2.

I launched cat with strace and it always ends with:
--- Process 3928, exception c0000005 at 0000000000000000
--- Process 3928 thread 10476 exited with status 0xc0000001
--- Process 3928 exited with status 0xc0000001

The output is vastly truncated compared to what tac shows. The thread dies immediately instead of loading the environment, etc.

I attached the strace output of cat and tac along with the sysinfo and cygcheck output. I hope this is just something simple overlooked in the latest version of cat.

Thanks in advance.