This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: is it normal for bash.exe, sh.exe, and uname.exe to IPC with svchost.exe
- From: LMH <lmh_users-groups at molconn dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 16:41:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: is it normal for bash.exe, sh.exe, and uname.exe to IPC with svchost.exe
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <874l7piedv.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
Achim Gratz wrote:
> LMH writes:
>> Is there some reason I should be expecting these processes to talk to
> If your machine is in a domain they will contact the DC to get user and
> group information via standard Windows facilities.
As far as I know this computer is not part of a domain. Under System Properties >
Computer Name, the Workgroup is listed a WORKGROUP and not a domain name. The full
computer name is just the CPU model.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple