Re: rsync failed after windows 10 update

On 3/17/2019 4:15 AM, jwang wrote:
update: rclone worked on my troubled Windows 10 box.

not sure if rclone can do sync via ssh yet, nor if it can do sync
incrementally yet as rsync can for both

thank you all for your help

Well, if you want a Windows native rsync, you can look into
acrosync.  (cwrsync, on the other hand, is just a repackaging
or cygwin and cygwin's rsync.)

But given the effort invested so far, it might be reasonable
to try to find why rsync broke on your one particular machine.
Perhaps some BLODA?  (See the cygwin acronyms for a definition!)
Basically some interfering program or setting?  Multiple
installations of cygwin?  Lots of things can cause it, and the
folks on this list have truly been trying to be helpful -- but
(as said before) we don't have your box, so there is testing
and narrowing down of possibilities that you have to do ...

Whatever is breaking rsync could well affect other programs
too.

Regards - Eliot Moss