Re: SSL not required for setup.exe download

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 9:32 AM Brian Inglis wrote:
> > OTOH, if you download the file over HTTPS..  then your client supports
> > SSL. Which is exactly what I'm saying should be mandatory.
>
> Forcing TLS means blocking anyone who for any reason can not use TLS: this is a
> performance and support burden compared to allowing both HTTP:80 and HTTPS:443.

OK. Personally I have trouble believing any such person exists. That
is, a person who has access to an HTTP client, but not an HTTPS
client, for the one-time operation of downloading setup.exe. What are
they using, a TRS-80?

Anyway no worries, I'm giving up on this issue. Too much inertia around here.

-AC

--
Archie L. Cobbs