This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Logging-in using ssh elevates the user privilege.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Takashi Yano <takashi dot yano at nifty dot ne dot jp>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2019 14:19:55 +0300
- Subject: Re: Logging-in using ssh elevates the user privilege.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Takashi Yano!
> This also causes gnu screen to freeze.
GNU screen freeze without much of an effort under Cygwin.
Try detaching from running screen and then running screen -ls.
> To reproduce this:
> (1) Start screen in mintty window.
> (2) Detatch from the screen (Ctrl-A d).
> (3) Login via ssh.
> (4) Attach screen by 'screen -r' in ssh session.
> (5) Detach from the screen (Ctrl-A d).
> (6) screen freezes and is not terminated normally.
> This does not occur if the user does not belong to
> Administrators group.
> I guess this is a problem of setuid codes.
With best regards,
Thursday, March 7, 2019 14:18:56
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple