This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: script.exe missing in latest util-linux on cygwin?
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 21:30:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: script.exe missing in latest util-linux on cygwin?
- References: <CAPF-yOaHZPa8ViyDF8-tDUAd25wVSfBEtpckuc6A_R+D_T1e-Q@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2019-02-21 15:26, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Where did script.exe go? It's not in util-linux anymore...?
> Using setup.exe to install the older version of util-linux brings it back,
> but I'd like to know where's it's gone to.
"The script(1) and uuidd(8) binaries were temporary dropped in this
release, with the latter being provided as a new subpackage from the
e2fsprogs sources, as the versions herein now require signalfd(2)
support. Such support is expected in the next version of Cygwin, at
which point util-linux will provide these binaries again."
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This email may be disturbing to some readers as it contains
too much technical detail. Reader discretion is advised.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple