Re: Getting error message when launching X-Window apps in Cygwin

On 2/9/2019 11:06 AM, Vince Rice wrote:
>> On Feb 9, 2019, at 8:46 AM, L A Walsh <cygwin@tlinx.org> wrote:

> What you think about this is irrelevant.

    Not really.

> What I think about this is
> irrelevant. The only thoughts that matter are the ones of those who
> manage the list,
----
	But they only claim to represent the readership.

> and they have said this is a "do not top post" list.
---
	Oh?...I've talked to legal where this list is hosted, and
they know nothing about this being an official policy.

> Others who say "do not top post here" aren't (necessarily) arguing
> about which is better, they are stating list policy.
---
	They are repeating what they've heard from
others who told them who told them who did the same.

The claim is very often made that the policies are the choice
of the users/members.  But having been on many of these
lists for more than a decade, I know its not true.

Thus I'll always be sure to make my opinion known.

> This list is a "do not top post" list. If
> you want to post here, then don't top post.

I don't top or bottom post, as I trim my quotes.  That's what
people are supposed to do -- but no one does it, so they tell
them to be bottom-posters.

	If you didn't like my post, please note -- it was an
example of NOT top posting -- and not commenting on what is
current, but commenting on stuff that is out of date (but
stuff that is still interesting, and perhaps not yet answered.

If you don't like that, don't argue with me, argue with the
supposed people you say are running this list.