This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Bruno Haible <bruno at clisp dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Assaf Gordon <assafgordon at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 13:53:06 +0100
- Subject: iswcntrl() regression
POSIX  requires that iswcntrl (EOF) == 0.
This was true in CYGWIN_NT-10.0 2.9.0(0.318/5/3) (x86_64)
but is no longer true in CYGWIN_NT-10.0 2.11.1(0.329/5/3) (x86_64).
(Reported by Assaf Gordon.)
Looking at the changes that occurred in the cygwin git between
2.9.0 (on 2017-08-03) and 2.11.1 (on 2018-08-31)
it appears to me that the culprit is the commit
41f72ab4d7c404b8ac2a5e1187d79164992e4483 (on 2018-03-09).
I would like to CC its author, Thomas Wolff, but he gave an invalid
email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> in the commit.
This regression was found by gnulib's test suite
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple