Disadventures in Cygwin install

Notes for the next guy hitting similar issue.

Just installed Cygwin 32 and 64 bit on a new laptop W10,
installing all the programs available in the old ones,
roughly 2000 packages for each.

The 32 bit installation was fine with no issue at all,
the 64 bit post installation was full of error 127
including 0p_000_autorebase.dash and
the login bash was lost without any PATH set.

I suspected the original culprit was McAfee AV, that I removed.
Run cygcheck and all the packages seem OK.

Finally I noted that
/usr/bin/cygattr-1.dll had size 0.
Rebase seems to not appreciate it and chokes on it
stopping further work.

rebase -si |wc -l
was only 60 instead of the final 2585

Looking for other zero size files I found on /etc
bash.bash_logout , bash.bashrc
profile, shells
and all the files in /etc/skel and several in
/etc/profile.d

No surprise that the Bash shell was in a strange status.

Recovered the files from /etc/default/etc or from the 32bit
installation and finally the 64bit installation is operative.

Regards
Marco

---