This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: unable to map cygSDL error
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: Massi Alvioli <nocharge at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 10:48:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: unable to map cygSDL error
- References: <CAG0O4LuJ63tJgoThKyLmEVUceaPwdtu+NwszP7WuUoao_-hMuA@mail.gmail.com>
On 6/14/2018 11:22 AM, Massi Alvioli wrote:
I found your post on the web
but did not find it in the cygwin users mailing list
, so I decided to
write to your adress only.
It's better to keep the discussion on the mailing list, so that others
can benefit (and help) also.
As you mention in your post, I ran into the same problem:
so I would like to know if you can help me solve the problem.
Until someone figures out the underlying cause of the "unable to map"
error for cygSDL*.dll, my only suggestion is to try to work around the
problem as I did for gimp: avoid using SDL. In your case, I think SDL
is brought in via the package libwx_gtk3u3.0_0. If you look at the
source for that package, you'll see that it uses the configure option
--with-sdl. So you could try to rebuild it without that option.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple