Aw: Re: Re: Problematic interpretion of paths starting with double slashes

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Juni 2018 um 20:02 Uhr
> Von: Lee <ler762@gmail.com>
> On 6/12/18, Sven Eden wrote:
> > Good style is to guarantee, that
> > not more than one slash is issued.
>
> Why don't you submit a patch to guarantee that not more than one slash
> is issued?

Already done.

> Or submit a bug report that the earlier patch broke portability?

Already done.

> Asking cygwin to change their long standing, posix allowed,
> implementation defined behavior seems like the least likely way to get
> the problem fixed.

I never did that. All I did was to ask whether such an
extension would be possible.
It is, so my question is answered.

And btw., the implementation, if extended in the way I
proposed, would still be POSIX compliant. ;-)

Cheers

Sven