This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygcheck failing to find file
- From: Fergus Daly <ugly dot leper at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 14:58:27 +0000
- Subject: cygcheck failing to find file
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have an executable (created in Cygwin) located on a mobile drive D:
$ ls -al /cygdrive/d/src/sc.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ferg dell 1426958 Jan 28 17:44 /cygdrive/d/src/sc.exe*
$ cygcheck /cygdrive/d/src/sc.exe
<snip> # but it all works
Now omit the need for /cygdrive/ by writing /etc/fstab as
none / cygdrive binary 0 0
and re-start Cygwin.
$ ls -al /d/src/sc.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ferg dell 1426958 Jan 28 17:44 /d/src/sc.exe*
$ cygcheck /d/src/sc.exe
cygcheck: could not find '/d/src/sc.exe'
Why can't cygcheck find the file?
(Particularly, when ls can. And so can, say, md5sum.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple