This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 22:53:53 -0800
- Subject: Re: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <59D90AF8D70E9740907BACDE2BCB520836E4AA63@RESW102.resdom01.local> <20180206142012.GB30794@calimero.vinschen.de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 6 11:29, PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:
On Feb 5 15:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I've pushed a few patches and uploaded new developer snapshots to
https://cygwin.com/snapshots. Please give them a try.
with the snapshot of cygwin1.dll and using bindresvport() from Cygwin
for libtirpc (instead of the original bindresvport() from libtirpc)
all my testcases work without error.
Thanks for testing. Please note that this should work most of the time,
but is still not 100% foolproof. There's a systematic race between
checking existing connections and calling bind which can't be easily
worked around by Cygwin. Still, should be better than before :}
Great to read this latest status. I'll shortly submit a libtirpc patch to stub
out its own version of bindresvport() in favor of Cygwin's version.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple