This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
xz archiver has a problem compressing a large volume in multithread mode
- From: "Tetsuji Rai via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:50:48 +0900
- Subject: xz archiver has a problem compressing a large volume in multithread mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji_rai at yahoo dot com>
I have many music files, so I often archive music directory with "tar
-cJvf music.tar.xz music" with environment variable XZ_OPTS="-T 3" (I
have 4 threaded first generation i7). The archive is about 30GB.
Until some weeks ago it worked fine. However since I updated to the
latest version of cygwin64 some weeks ago, I have a trouble extracting
from that archive at some point. "tar -xJvf music.tar.xz" says "archive
file is corrupt" or something and quits. This is reproducible, and
gzip has no problem at all (ie, "tar -czvf music.tar.gz music" works fine.
So I want to ask anyone has a similar problem? I want developers to
Thanks in advance.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple