A success installing Dataplot using Cygwin, thanks to this list

Question: Would this software be a candidate for a Cygwin package?

Disclaimer: My testing has been minimal so far, but the X GUI and command
line versions seem to work OK.

"Dataplot® is a free, public-domain, multi-platform (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows XP/VISTA/7/8/10) software system for scientific visualization, statistical analysis, and non-linear modeling."

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/

It is associated with the NIST/SEMATECH Engineering Statistics Handbook:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/handbook.htm

It is available for Linux/Unix, Windows and Mac, and Cygwin is said to be supported/tested:

http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/software/dataplot/ftp/unix/homepage.htm

At first it wouldn't build for me.
Installing additional development libraries/packages were needed for the following:

gd png freetype X11 termcap

Then everything in the linux build script worked, except it gave:

ld: cannot find -ltermcap

Based on https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2010-07/msg00389.html ,
the following change was made (and reported to the developer for a fix):

$ diff build_linux_gfortran.bash-bkup build_linux_gfortran.bash
196c196,197
<   LDFLAG="$LDFLAG -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap"
---
> # LDFLAG="$LDFLAG -lreadline -lhistory -ltermcap"    change per cygwin mailing list, 2010-07
>   LDFLAG="$LDFLAG -lreadline -lhistory -lncurses"

So, thanks to the list!