This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2017 10:33:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANZ2p_ckjzWEp0uPoJ8MAXh=0B6ZhWQVt9v_NmsFP-fpoX-sEg@mail.gmail.com>
Wouter van Doorn writes:
Your strace shows that you're getting the following exception on loading
one of the Windows DLL or just after an attempt to do that:
Executing an instruction not allowed in current machine mode.
You might want to look if Windows' Event Viewer has something more
useful on this error.
Other than that, it appears you have installed Cygwin using a
non-administrator account (which may or may not correlate with your
problem), you are apparently using a program TVexe that might doing
strange things and your PATH is complete bunk. Since you're using a
64bit OS you'd have much less chances of encountering problems using a
64bit Cygwin I'd think.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple