This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- From: René Berber <rene dot berber at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:08:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Compiled programs fail to run from Cygwin Terminal, but work from windows cmd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANZ2p_ckjzWEp0uPoJ8MAXh=0B6ZhWQVt9v_NmsFP-fpoX-sEg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CANZ2p_cpjbjvZfOgSKAmsCT92QHC1i-yPc2BosJgL6u4LCdypQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 6/22/2017 8:13 AM, Wouter van Doorn wrote:
> STOP PRESS: in gdb, the output IS there:
> User-PC-> gdb hello.exe
> GNU gdb (GDB) (Cygwin 7.10.1-1) 7.10.1
> Reading symbols from hello.exe...done.
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/User/c_dir/hello.exe
> [New Thread 6868.0x5b0]
> [New Thread 6868.0x18dc]
> [New Thread 6868.0x1990]
> Hello, world!
> [Thread 6868.0x1990 exited with code 0]
> [Inferior 1 (process 6868) exited normally]
> Which is dandy, but then why, outside of gdb, is there nothing at all?
What is "outside"?
Are you running this from mintty (recommended) or the Cygwin.bat cmd window?
Which shell? (i.e. echo $SHELL)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple