Re: configure fails on checking ino_t

On 2017-06-07 14:37, Lloyd Wood via cygwin wrote:
> that part of config.log is not interesting:
> configure:17948: result: yes
> configure:17957: checking for ino_t
> configure:17957: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
> configure:17957: $? = 0
> configure:17957: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5

Results may depend on whether the package includes its own collection of
macros, relies on the distro released macros, or includes some of its
own to override the distro macros.

The contents of config.log appear to be not just streams of messages as
you might expect, but collections of different outputs generated during
processing, sometimes requiring a bit of jumping around to fully
comprehend.

So please attach the complete config.log as a text attachment, or post
it on some storage web site if too large, so others can review it and
assist you.

And as usual, please attach cygcheck -svr output as a text attachment,
so support folks can see what tools releases you are running.

> I'm very puzzled. But don't run Cygwin setup in case it breaks your
> setup, is my thought...

As the current release is the only release which is supported and can be
fixed, you may need to keep a number of frozen releases around to avoid
any build issues, or rely on crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat.org packages.
That may cause issues when others try to run your package on more recent
releases.