This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup v2.879 - can not scroll package list
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 13:05:47 +0100
- Subject: Re: Setup v2.879 - can not scroll package list
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPJ9Yc8PF3_gpdv=GaRTeqEDzQutHetheQ1xLj360T2k=COv8w@mail.gmail.com> <CAHSx_Sv7QhLGxRABjB_N2+eRXN+O72TbtTaFUO4O0SFcCrBMNQ@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHSx_Ss7kfm2PC053jZT3rg0AotGNaevA6rEaPHcvq+Yb=PDBA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
On 02/06/2017 17:55, Vlado wrote:
On 2.6.2017 17:49, Wayne Davison wrote:
There are also some tools you
can use on prior Windows versions. For instance, search the web for
I still hope somebody will fix the bug. :-)
Me too. Oh wait... :S
After a bit more investigation, I'm not actually sure what is claimed to
be the bug is here.
On previous versions of Windows, we don't have the "Scroll inactive
windows when I hover over them" option, so we always get the behaviour
that when the focus is on the "View" drop-down list, scrolling the mouse
wheel moves up and down that list.
But surely this is right (if unhelpful), that's where the focus is,
(Up until 2.875, this was a button which cycled around the possible
views, rather than a drop-down list, so we didn't have this problem)
This unhelpfulness is compounded by the fact that clicking in the
package list does not move the focus to it (because we use some
home-grown monstrosity rather than a list control), so perhaps that is
what should be fixed?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple