This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup release candidate - please test
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Ian Lambert <ian dot lambert_42 at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 17:12:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: setup release candidate - please test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 15/05/2017 16:29, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
On Sun, 5/14/17, Jon Turney <> wrote:
However, since I had the code open in my
editor, I took look at this...
= = = =
I didn't expect it to work, but didn't hurt to try it. Thanks for looking at it.
Thanks for testing.
Behavior is still the same - no prompt for a password, and fails to get setup (popup message).
I tried both use IE settings, and Use HTTP/FTP proxy with proxy name and port.
Logs are as follows:
$ cat setup.log.full-ie
Fetching URL: http://cygwin.com/mirrors.lst
2017/05/15 11:17:12 HTTP status 403 fetching http://cygwin.com/mirrors.lst
I think that "403 forbidden" means that this request is prohibited by
the configuration of the proxy, so really you need to contact whoever
Since curl/wget works to fetch the same URLs through that proxy, it
might be that the user-agent is disallowed, possibly you could test this
by attempting trying with --user-agent="Cygwin Setup"?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple