This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash shell gets aborts under latest Windows 10 updates as of 4/2/17
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Fran Litterio <flitterio at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 15:31:44 +0300
- Subject: Re: bash shell gets aborts under latest Windows 10 updates as of 4/2/17
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1m.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Fran Litterio!
> On 5/5/2017 7:30 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
>>> You can rebase all the DLLs as follows:
>> That's not how to do it.
>> 1. Run
>> rebase-trigger full
>> 2. Shutdown all Cygwin processes.
>> 3. Run setup utility to the end.
> Thanks, Andrey. I have seen those instructions, but the rebaseall
> command itself says this when run in Bash:
> $ rebaseall
> rebaseall: only ash or dash processes are allowed during rebasing
> Exit all Cygwin processes and stop all Cygwin services.
> Execute ash (or dash) from Start/Run... or a cmd or command window.
> Execute '/bin/rebaseall' from ash (or dash).
> Is there evidence that the instructions displayed by rebaseall are
> incorrect? Is it possible that the setup utility simply runs rebaseall?
No, documentation of the utility is correct, but process you described is
obsolete. rebaseall was integrated into setup for a long time now.
With best regards,
Friday, May 5, 2017 15:28:48
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple