Re: Setting up overlay package server

Greetings, Ivan Gagis!

> Hi,

> I'm developing some software which consists of several libraries and I
> would like to distribute it for Cygwin. So, I would need a feature of
> setting up a custom cygwin repository for my packages. As I understand
> the most suitable here would be an overlay package server. Right?

Unless you want to host a complete Cygwin mirror, all you need to do is to
only host your own packages on a custom package server.
https://cygwin.com/package-server.html#custom-mirror

> Unfortunately, I could find no information on the web about how to set
> up an overlay package server. Cygwin page
> https://cygwin.com/package-server.html misses the docs about how to do
> that also, saying that the manual is TBD. So, is it very complicated to
> do that, so that even manual is not yet written?

> Are there any plans to complete the manual about setting up the overlay
> package server?

> Could somebody give me some hints on how to do that?

> And what would be the configurations needed on the user side to start
> using my overlay server? Ideally, I'd prefer it would be working with
> apt-cyg script.

Look at setup's -K and -s switches.
For reference, I'm attaching my Cygwin upgrade script with optional ports
integration. ("install-cygwin.sh" ports)

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...