Re: Permissions need reordering and are strange

Greetings, lostbits!

> I think that you have addressed reordered permission message in windows
> before and have said to not reorder the permissions. But, I seem unable
> to do security operations without reordering (such as change permissions
> or ownership using the Windows Explorer). Do I have to use cygwin in
> Admin mode to do these operations?

You could always use icacls.exe (native security manipulation tool).

> I just copied a file that had 'rwxrwxrwx+' for its permissions to a new
> directory.

"+" means the file had extra ACL's attached.

> The permissions were changed to '---Srws--T+'. Is this an
> error? What is going on?

This doesn't tell us even half the story without the output of getfacl and
icacls on these files.

P.S.
Another possibility is to not use Cygwin permissions and defer permissions
management to the OS. See "noacl" mount option in documentation.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...