Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.1-1, libreadline-devel-7.0.1-1, bash-4.4.5-1

On 01/17/2017 11:09 PM, Doug Henderson wrote:
On 17 January 2017 at 20:55, Steven Penny  wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 20:08:17, Eric Blake wrote:
[again, your email client likes to break threading, so I nearly missed
this one]

Sorry about that, I wrote my own client so that I could reply without
subscribing:

I find it despicable that you want us to participating in solving a
problem you encountered, but seem unwilling to subscribe so you can
participate in solving problems that the rest of us encounter.

I feel that you are using false pretenses to use our time to think
about your problem and offer solutions, if we can, without
reciprocating.

Shame on you.

Whoa!  While I agree there has been some very negatively charged comments
coming from Steven in this thread, I don't think we need to start finding
fault with everything he says and does relative to it.  It's perfectly
fine for him, or anyone else for that matter, to monitor a thread or this
list in whatever form works for them.  In this case, Steven corrected the
problem when it was pointed out to him that his method was breaking
threading.  That's a perfectly acceptable response and all we can ask of
him in that regard.  There's no need to go looking for fault in that.

Let's try to keep this thread productive and moving forward.  While I
would say, in my estimation, it got off to a rocky start, I think the
recent exchange between Steven and Eric has done allot to track the
problem and to scale back the negative comments.  Let's try to keep the
thread moving forward on both fronts.

--
Larry