Re: File create problem

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Peter Rosin  wrote:
> Creating other files in the C:\cygwin64\bin folder works just fine,
> e.g. C:\cygwin64\bin\bach.exe.
>
> There is no existing C:\cygwin64\bin\bash.exe that has permissions
> that can be examined, so the only permissions that can reasonably
> have any effect are those for the folder, but as stated, it is ok
> to create e.g. C:\cygwin64\bin\bach.exe which means that folder
> permissions appear to be ok.

I suggest checking the anti-virus logs for blocking of 'pups'
(Potentially Unwanted Programs)

I have found many antivirus packages will explicitly block certain
patterns unless they are told in advance to exclude from blocking, and
even then will sometimes block.  The netcat binaries are blocked
particularly often...

Also, if you can, try installing in disposable VMs, one with and one
without the antivirus.  If you get the same results with the same
antivirus in the VM and it works fine in the VM without the antivirus,
you've confirmed it is definitely the antivirus even if the antivirus
does not log that it is doing so.

-- Erik