This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fresh cygwin installation
- From: t s <furriner67 at hotmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 10:02:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: fresh cygwin installation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=softfail (sender IP is 10.152.68.52) smtp.mailfrom=hotmail.com; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=fail action=none header.from=hotmail.com;
- References: <CACoZoo3q_L9EwA7wYpO=8oUtV8X-7aRf6uPpnHLZ-kY0-YC+jQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
I am planning to keep the SD card in my computer for ever and ever.
My laptop has a 128 GB internal SSD, so I bought an SD card to extend its permanent storage.
Thanks for your advice.
From: Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 7, 2016 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: fresh cygwin installation
On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 11:31 AM, t s wrote:
> I need to make a fresh installation of cywgin. The drive I propose to install to is detailed in;
> It's an NTFS drive with 238 GB capacity, allocation unit size 4096 bytes.
I see no problem with the params themselves, but why on an SD card?
Are you planning to keep the SD card in the computer forevermore/only
when using CYGWIN, or are you looking to create a portable CYGWIN
install? Something else?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple