This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Why are the base addresses for Cygwin executable so high?
- From: Hamza Sood <hamza_sood at me dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 19:37:29 +0100
- Subject: Why are the base addresses for Cygwin executable so high?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've noticed that Cygwin related executables (including ones compiled myself) seem to have a base address of 0x100400000, whereas all other windows executables seem to use 0x400000.
Is there a particular reason why Cygwin executables need to start so high up? What's going on in the 4GB underneath them?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple