This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- From: pigreco erre <grosrouvre at hotmail dot it>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:31:42 +0000
- Subject: Re: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=softfail (sender IP is 10.152.4.51) smtp.mailfrom=hotmail.it; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.it;
- References: <DB5PR01MB143152DBD16203860AA076CDB3330@DB5PR01MB1431.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
thank you for your prompt answer.
I write again my email in text format because I think my previous was discarded (It could be in html format) so I hope this time it arrives at the mailing list.:-)
With reference to the first question let me specify the steps.
When I launch Cygwin it appears on the task bar (at the bottom right) a system tray icon.
Pushing the mouse botton, I open a menu (unfortunately I can't attached a little screenshot into my mail) and I find items like:
The item "open XSever" no runs so I think it starts with wrong parameter command inserted "in background" to the choice .
This is because on bash environment with startxwin it is all OK without problem.
I want to tune the parameters hidden on the menu -choice.
After I would to change the "Beenden" with "Exit-Cyg"
Where can I find the commands hidden in this menu-items?
With reference to the second point my dubt:
is there a way to erase the echoin in mintty?
This is because when I go with startx & startxwin in "ConEmu" shell I don't see the log messages on to the screen,
otherwise when I go within mintty, startx makes the echo & startxwin doesn't make it
I hope that I reach to explain more well the my dubt than my previous email
Could you help me?
I thank you again for your big assistance
Have a nice weekend
With my best regards
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple