This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- From: pigreco erre <grosrouvre at hotmail dot it>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 08:01:40 +0000
- Subject: System tray menu tuning & Xwin0.log in mintty console with startx
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=softfail (sender IP is 10.152.0.58) smtp.mailfrom=hotmail.it; cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=hotmail.it;
I see the address in Cygwin suggest notes
Since I have some little question with my Cygwin in USB porting, I think that you can drive me if there are a solution.
I use cygwin with Emacs,Vim,Gcc & R on my university exams so I am testing Cyg in USB stick.
I would to change some parameter on lauch items in system tray menu.
Could you suggest me where I can tune the run-parameters for example to adjust "Open XServer" lauch option(inserted in system tray menu) or change the item "Beenden" on "Cyg-exit"? (if these are permitted)
The second question concern the start X server.
When I launch it with starx script within mintty console,
It appears on the screen the information that the server writes into the log file Xwin.0.log
Why when I launch the same server with startxwin it doesn't happen?
How can I made to avoid this strange behaviour?
Excuse me if I am disturbing you and I thank you again in advance if you try to help me with your best solution.
With my best regards
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple