Re: Error Message

On 12/07/2016 22:53, George Phillies wrote:
on activating cygdrive/c/Users/(me) by clicking on PGI workstation

I received the error message

1 [main] bash 17992 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.  Please report this problem to the public mailing list
cygwin@cygwin.com

I have now reported it as requested.  I am a fortran number cruncher,
not a computer jock, and have no idea what the message means.

Dear George,

we have no idea at all what the software you are using is.
However we know that the software is packing a VERY OLD version
of cygwin that is behind several years.

Ask whoever provided that software to upgrade to a more recent
version of cygwin or install by your self cygwin from the source:
https://www.cygwin.com/

Regards
Marco