This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold
- From: Warren Young <wyml at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:22:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Jul 11, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Henry S. Thompson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> To see what I'm talking about, look at whatever test page you like which
> includes both bold and non-bold text (I use gnus).
I used vttest:
About halfway through menu option 2, you get this screen:
That’s with the latest version of Deja Vu Sans Mono on 64-bit Windows 10. Looks fine to me.
Are you sure you have MinTTY configured to display bold with fonts, rather than colors? Check Options > Text > Show bold as colour. If that’s checked, it tries to fake bold by changing regular white (more like 75% gray) to bright white (100% white) and so forth. I’m not sure what it does with displays that are already using the bright colors.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple