This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:43:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: Mintty 2.4.0 and Deja Vu Sans Mono 2.35: issue with bold
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am 11.07.2016 um 20:52 schrieb Henry S. Thompson:
Something funny going on: the normal/bold contrast is much less than it
should be (used to be). I'm on a new laptop with clean install of
Windows 10, Cygwin (64-bit), etc.
To see what I'm talking about, look at whatever test page you like which
includes both bold and non-bold text (I use gnus).
What "gnus" test page?
It's using shadowed (self-drawn) bold mode, not the bold font, with
DejaVu; with other fonts it's using the bold font.
* the bold / non-bold contrast for Deja Vu Sans Mono vs. e.g. Lucida
* the appearance of any text if you select DVSM Bold as the font,
vs. the bold you get with emboldened text with DVSM Book as the font.
The setting of 'Show bold as font' has no effect.
Can anyone reproduce / suggest a fix?
Looking for the root cause.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple