This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Can't Delete Home Directory - Unknown+User:Unknown+Group
- From: Bruce Halco <zcygwin at halcomp dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 17:28:24 -0400
- Subject: Can't Delete Home Directory - Unknown+User:Unknown+Group
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I don't know how this happened, and it was probably self-inflicted, but
one of the home directories in a new cygwin install has wound up owned
by Unknown+User and Unknown+Group, with permissions 750.
Opening the cygwin window "As Administrator" will not allow me to remove
the directory or change ownership, with "Permission denied"
Attempts to take ownership in windows also fail with permission errors.
That's normal in my experience.
This is installed on Win7 Pro 64-bit.
I've done quite a few cygwin installs and rarely had more than minor
problems. I'd have no objection to wiping this install and starting
over, but of course I'm stuck at the "wipe" part.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple