Can't Delete Home Directory - Unknown+User:Unknown+Group

I don't know how this happened, and it was probably self-inflicted, but one of the home directories in a new cygwin install has wound up owned by Unknown+User and Unknown+Group, with permissions 750.

Opening the cygwin window "As Administrator" will not allow me to remove the directory or change ownership, with "Permission denied"

Attempts to take ownership in windows also fail with permission errors. That's normal in my experience.

This is installed on Win7 Pro 64-bit.

I've done quite a few cygwin installs and rarely had more than minor problems. I'd have no objection to wiping this install and starting over, but of course I'm stuck at the "wipe" part.

Thanks for any suggestions.