This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Consequences of mount -c
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 10:54:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Consequences of mount -c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160624095236 dot 7319634 dot 62780 dot 695 at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
Fergus <fergus <at> bonhard.uklinux.net> writes:
> I have set
> /bin/mount -c "/"
> in â~/.bashrc with many subsequent easements in use.Â
> In /usr/share/fonts/microsoft/ there are unfortunately
> multiple links referring to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/Fonts/; all broken.Â
> Similarly inâ /etc/, several links pointing to files in
> /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/; all broken.Â
> I've only just noticed this. I don't much want to remove the mount -c
instruction. Is there anything else
> that can be done to correct things?
These links should all go through /proc/cygdrive, really. However, the
option to make it so (-U) hasn't been in cygpath for very long, so it's not
used yet in the postinstall. The next release of base-files will use this
option, so the problems in /etc will be gowing away. The postinstall script
for fontconfig, xinit and WindowMaker should be treated similarly (there may
be others that I haven't on my system).