This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld randomly assigns wrong user and group IDs to executable
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:45:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: ld randomly assigns wrong user and group IDs to executable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <uqmkhb9kmv244kd755urqpunns6qk6gbe2 at 4ax dot com> <imgvhbhlgq3unbgemhdqettdjq5d31v0bm at 4ax dot com>
Andrew Schulman writes:
> Seems to be a BLODA problem. The problem is inconsistent/intermittent, and
> happens only on one of my three Windows hosts. The bad machine has
> Symtantec Endpoint Protection running (I can't disable it), and
> CYGWIN=detect_bloda also finds C:\windows\system32\privman64.dll, the
> "BeyondTrust Power Broker for Windows DLL". Seems a likely suspect.
Endpoint protection places a DLL at the very end of the Cygwin rebase
area in my experience. Look at /proc/self/maps and "rebase -si" if it's
consistent and what Cygwin library gets rebased there. You might want
to change the rebase area dow to some lower address (you could edit it
in /usr/bin/rebaselst and trigger a full rebase as an experiment).
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple