This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 07:11:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: strange behaviour of 'ls'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <000001d1909e$da5b8b00$8f12a100$ at talktalk dot net>
> I have just noticed that the program 'ls' has started to put quotes around some entries in the listing when I use it
> That are not really present around the actual files / directories.
The default quoting style in ls recently changed upstream, and then made its way
into Cygwin. See https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2016-03/msg00082.html.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple