This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strange cygwin sshd user generated (user name includes machine name)
- From: Pete Moore <pmoore at mozilla dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 21:23:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: strange cygwin sshd user generated (user name includes machine name)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Iâm happy to report Brian McGeorge found a solution, which was kindly
passed on to me via Ben Stragnell. The answer is to set the
environment variable LOGONSERVER to \\%COMPUTERNAME%.
This works by not executing the body of the if statement in:
(lines 2884 to 2890)
My working user data now looks like this (note - you need to see both
links for context - different parts of the same user data file).
The addition to the powershell script was simply:
$env:LOGONSERVER = "\\" + $env:COMPUTERNAME
I can confirm this fix works! Thanks again to Brian and Ben. =)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple