This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cross compiling for cygwin under Linux.
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 10:29:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Cross compiling for cygwin under Linux.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56FBEFAA dot 5050202 at uhasselt dot be> <56FBFC8C dot 1010808 at cygwin dot com> <56FD36D9 dot 3040002 at uhasselt dot be>
On 2016-03-31 09:40, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:
On 03/30/2016 06:19 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
On 2016-03-30 10:24, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:
I am one of the authors of an application (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/icsdrone/ ) written for POSIX and I
would like to provide a Windows binary.
As I do not use Windows I would like to cross compile on Linux.
I cannot use Mingw as our application relies heavily on the select()
So my question is: is it possible to cross compile a Cygwin binary on
Yes it is. Packages for Fedora and RHEL/CentOS are available here:
Unfortunately the gcc for CentOS appears not to work...
/usr/bin/i686-pc-cygwin-gcc-4.9.3 -c test.c
*** buffer overflow detected ***:
That sounds like a problem we had with mingw-binutils on EL6; we never
figured out why this only happened there, but we did find a fix. I'll
try to have an update to cygwin-binutils later today.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple