This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: clamav: Request for package update
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 22:17:46 -0500
- Subject: Re: clamav: Request for package update
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKnYpnKC-tcqaWF3UpkhTrtJzL4AUQCQ01VsMpyfceNqDHfYtQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2016-03-17 12:10, Jonathan D Johnston wrote:
Usage of freshclam (1) reports that the recommended version of ClamAV is
0.99.1, but the most recent version in https://cygwin.com/packages/ is
0.98.7 . Version 0.98.7 isn't functional with the current ClamAV
databases. Can this package be updated? Thanks!
ClamAV goes to great lengths to keep virus databases compatible with
older versions of the software, and there has been no EOL announcement
for 0.98.z (which isn't *that* old). Where do you see that 0.98.7 is
not functional with the latest definitions?
As for an update, I am aware of the new version. Unfortunately, ClamAV
has not been keeping up with LLVM and the bundled copy predates
Win64/SEH support, so either we wait for someone to write a patch for
LLVM 3.7 compatibility, or I build a llvm3.5 package just for this.
Otherwise, I'd have to disable llvm (and hence JIT support) on at least
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple