This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: faster opening Cygwin from Explorer window
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:01:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: faster opening Cygwin from Explorer window
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0D835E9B9CD07F40A48423F80D3B5A702EAE5FD0 at USA7109MB022 dot na dot xerox dot net>
On 18/03/2016 15:43, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
I frequently ping-pong back and forth between working in the Windows
and Cygwin environments, needing to keep both Explorer windows and
Cygwin PWD focused on the same folder/directory. (I use mintty in
To open an Explorer window to my Cygwin PWD, I can simply type "cygstart .".
The reverse is a clumsy bit of typing and mousing: From Cygwin/bash, enter
"cd " (but not Return), go to my Explorer window and drag the folder
icon from the address bar into the mintty window and press return.
I'm looking for a simpler method.
My ideal scenario is to right-click in the Explorer window, select the
new Cygwin option that I'd like to appear, and this would open a
mintty/bash window with PWD set to that Windows folder.
Long shot, I know, but if anyone has done this and is willing to share
I'd love to hear about it. BTW, I'm using Windows 7 and am current
on Cygwin 64-bit.
looks on chere package
"Cygwin Prompt Here context menus"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple