This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.7
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:27:15 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.7
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20160315105315 dot GB4535 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I released a new Cygwin TEST version 2.5.0-0.7.
While testing this I got the following from tcsh:
> touch permtest
> chmod 0 permtest
./permtest: Bad file descriptor.
I would have expected
./permtest: Permission denied.
which is what I indeed get with bash/dash.
I can't test at the moment if that was happening with 2.4.1 also.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple