This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
AVG scan found WIN-HEUR virus in cygwin install from aarnet ftp
- From: "Justin S." <juszza at yahoo dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 23:44:33 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: AVG scan found WIN-HEUR virus in cygwin install from aarnet ftp
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <412824260 dot 1534094 dot 1458171873522 dot JavaMail dot yahoo dot ref at mail dot yahoo dot com>
- Reply-to: "Justin S." <juszza at yahoo dot com>
AVG anti-virus reported it found a virus in a Cygwin install pulled from aarnet on 8 Jan 2014.
"";"Virus found Win32/Heur, C:\Users\justin\Desktop\ftp%3a%2f%2fmirror.aarnet.edu.au%2fpub%2fsourceware%2fcygwin%2f\x86\release\cygwin\cygwin-debuginfo\cygwin-debuginfo-1.7.27-2.tar.xz";"Secured"
The AVG info on the reported virus is as follows:
I think it has been lurking there for some time. You might want to check into it to make sure nothing has sneaked in.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple