This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can't get sshd to new Windows 2012 R2 Server to work
- From: Kevin Layer <layer at franz dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 10:40:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: can't get sshd to new Windows 2012 R2 Server to work
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8326 dot 1458081313 at freon dot franz dot com> <87pouvc58d dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Kevin Layer writes:
>> > I've tried various ssh-host-config permutations, but I just ran
>> > cygrunsrv.exe -R sshd
>> > and ran ssh-host-config with the defaults. I started the sshd service
>> > and when I ssh to it:
>> > If I give a command (e.g., env or pwd) I never get any output.
>> > This is a brand new server. All that is installed is Cygwin (latest,
>> > just updated today), Windows Updates and Visual Studio 2015. Nothing
>> > else, yet.
>> Just install a 64bit Cygwin over the installation you already have.
Completely removed 32-bit cygwin. Installed 64-bit Cygwin. Same
Anyone else? I need ssh into this box to work and I've previously
never had trouble with Cygwin sshd. It's currently working fine on a
Server 2008 R2 box.
The firewall is off, I verified again.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple