This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()
- From: Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer dot woitok at gmail dot com>
- To: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:29:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: Problems with Qt5's QDesktopServices::openUrl()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56E10BFC dot 6080903 at cygwin dot com>
On Wednesday, 2016-03-09 23:54:04 -0600, you wrote:
> On 2016-03-05 09:02, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
> > currently I have two applications which I compiled myself under Cygwin:
> > GPSBabel and QMapShack. Both use Qt5, both provide online help via the
> > browser, and both fail doing so in my environment. The version of my
> > various Qt5 packages is 5.5.1-1.
> > So I assume QDesktopServices::openUrl() at least under Cygwin is having
> > a problem with blanks in path names and maybe also with the missing
> > ".exe" extension (see the "Launch failed" error message).
> Searching for "QDesktopServices::openUrl spaces in PATH" (without the
> quotes) turned up a lot of hits.
You are right, but the ones I found refer to blanks in the path of the
file TO BE OPENED. My problem is blanks in the path of the program that
is used to open the file. This program is picked internally by QDesk-
topServices::openUrl() and is called internally, and currently it seems
the path to it must not contain blanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple