This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-1.0.2g-3
- From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 18:07:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-1.0.2g-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20160308124636 dot GA32601 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAFo71_6bqZTbsoMExYv2a47Q6rQv_a53RaA1MNipBkiZXOAhRg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160308174649 dot GD27123 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CACoZoo1p2w4M7CsrGLbEiNMVASOb6RJ3daOmLv-OnVdX-Hs1Eg at mail dot gmail dot com> <118112867 dot 20160310004909 at yandex dot ru> <CACoZoo1DXUCpN9DNsvMFbtZ4MV+ZUZ60BvpY+mzBgcmSCiCu3w at mail dot gmail dot com> <20160309221851 dot GA30987 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CACoZoo3Lho3quaj7YDNB1WzK3matGsZSG_v70RAY6qDSq90AqA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9 March 2016 at 15:53, Erik Soderquist <ErikSoderquist@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Mar 9 16:54, Erik Soderquist wrote:
>>> If I knew how, I would...
>> A couple of months ago I made sure that portable LibreSSL from
>> https://github.com/libressl-portable/portable.git at least doesn't
>> forget to support Cygwin, should we ever intend to switch. I don't
>> expect any (serious) bit-rot so far.
> I meant that I'm not a programmer at all; I've only written scripts
> before, and am just barely started studying my first programming
> If actually knowing the language isn't needed, I can certainly try,
> but if knowing the language the package is written in is required, I'm
> currently woefully under qualified to take up the mantle
It isn't really usable unless you are a programmer because it isn't a
fall in replacement for openssl. [It may work but mostly needs
recompiles and a lot of programming fixes to get it to work with other
things.] I would say that if you aren't in that camp.. you don't
really need it at the moment.
> -- Erik
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Stephen J Smoogen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple