This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Crash X11 with 3 commands
- From: Nem W Schlecht <nem at emptec dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 08:53:25 -0600
- Subject: Re: Crash X11 with 3 commands
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+2x6-LySp7b3UzNdvnb6bsUujpY+-As5LqQjUtanH_qSD4scQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56CCA145 dot 1080706 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <CA+2x6-JvHU7SsqkMuKWug-qK++9xCukiHRL0Vyf7iZxEn083EQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56D88FBF dot 8060205 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Jon Turney <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 24/02/2016 19:56, Nem W Schlecht wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> On 11/12/2015 16:21, Nem W Schlecht wrote:
>>>> I was experimenting with Xterm escape sequences - trying to
>>>> resize/reposition a window while its iconized and found I can crash
>>>> X11 in just 3 escape commands in an Xterm (which I have in a shell
>>>> Can anybody else confirm? (WARNING - if it does, it'll kill all your
>>>> X11 windows! Be careful.)
>>> Thanks for reporting this.
>>> I was able to reproduce the crash (sporadically), but only when I was
>>> using XWin with the -compositewm option. Are you using that?
>> Yes, I am. My apologies, I added that ages ago and forgot about it.
> No problem and thanks for testing.
> This crash should be fixed as of 1.18.1-2
> Still no implementation of Windows requesting themselves to be deiconified,
> which is unfortunately not straightforward to add.
Works perfectly for me. Thanks much, as always, Jon for your
un-ending, excellent support. It is *greatly* appreciated!! :)
Nem W Schlecht
"Perl did the magic. I just waved the wand."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple