This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Crash X11 with 3 commands
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Nem W Schlecht <nem at emptec dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 19:25:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Crash X11 with 3 commands
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+2x6-LySp7b3UzNdvnb6bsUujpY+-As5LqQjUtanH_qSD4scQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <56CCA145 dot 1080706 at dronecode dot org dot uk> <CA+2x6-JvHU7SsqkMuKWug-qK++9xCukiHRL0Vyf7iZxEn083EQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 24/02/2016 19:56, Nem W Schlecht wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Jon Turney wrote:
On 11/12/2015 16:21, Nem W Schlecht wrote:
I was experimenting with Xterm escape sequences - trying to
resize/reposition a window while its iconized and found I can crash
X11 in just 3 escape commands in an Xterm (which I have in a shell
Can anybody else confirm? (WARNING - if it does, it'll kill all your
X11 windows! Be careful.)
Thanks for reporting this.
I was able to reproduce the crash (sporadically), but only when I was using XWin with the -compositewm option. Are you using that?
Yes, I am. My apologies, I added that ages ago and forgot about it.
No problem and thanks for testing.
This crash should be fixed as of 1.18.1-2
Still no implementation of Windows requesting themselves to be
deiconified, which is unfortunately not straightforward to add.
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple