This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gcc: link scan order of /usr/lib and /usr/lib/w32api
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 01:49:16 -0600
- Subject: Re: gcc: link scan order of /usr/lib and /usr/lib/w32api
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56CF3D8B dot 2050703 at cygwin dot com> <56CF8A6C dot 3070706 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
On 2016-02-25 17:12, JonY wrote:
On 2/26/2016 01:44, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
It has been brought to my attention that /usr/lib/w32api is now taking
precedence over /usr/lib, which is a result of this commit:
This is incorrect, and results in the unfortunately-named w32api
libuuid.a being found instead of the completely unrelated *NIX libuuid
(which is what *NIX software expects to find).
Linking from /usr/lib/w32api is handled in binutils, and this is the fix
that my cygwin cross-toolchains are using to support sysroots:
Please revert r227962.
Ok, I'll do a new release soon.
Here's a patch:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple