This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 10:19:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: Updated: emacs-24.5-3 (TEST)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A40D09 dot 1010606 at cornell dot edu> <CAFj5VXHt75jfiq7iB9Uy9jK-n61yfjFfP6t+HsL16rukE4UU6A at mail dot gmail dot com> <56AB7439 dot 7060803 at cornell dot edu>
On 1/29/2016 9:16 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 1/29/2016 9:00 AM, Daniel Daboul wrote:
On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 1:30 AM, Ken Brown <email@example.com> wrote:
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution as
This is a rebuild of the 24.5-2 packages, patched to allow native
paths like C:\foo or C:/foo in situations where file names are expected.
If you are interested in this feature, please try the test release
me know whether it works the way you expect.
Thank you for the packages. I have started to use "emacs-w32-24.5-3",
I like the new
features and I have not encountered obvious bugs.
A shortcoming of the new version "GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-cygwin) of
2016-01-23 on moufang"
compared to a mingw version "GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.2.9200)
of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN",
which I also use, is that file-name completion does not work for
a windows-style directory path is used. - Daniel
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can figure out how to make that
Actually, completion seems to work for me if I use forward slashes but
not if I use backslashes. Can you confirm that? If not, please show me
a case where it fails.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple