This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:52:20 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Base-files-mketc.sh error for non-existing C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\etc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALiPeun3bCr9uNNA56Kc-8VbLXFXrTrTWJikdRx0jjRFvAuwkA at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160120T085800-407 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20160120T135441-652 at post dot gmane dot org> <87fuxsjd5x dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20160120T215934-785 at post dot gmane dot org> <87k2n290bh dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <CALiPeuk2KE9B81qU-YZhTYUXgQEFiE4TTxm_-kFnORMH+wON+Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <loom dot 20160122T080836-250 at post dot gmane dot org> <CALiPeu=NknUV=Ze=T7wFQSjDu24V2BvmhqwX7rQDGtA=ctg6+w at mail dot gmail dot com>
David Lee <mailtolky <at> gmail.com> writes:
> (1) A bug that the base-files script tries to link to files in
> C:\Windows\SysWow64\Drivers\Etc directory (should have been
That was a regression in cygpath, which has since been fixed.
> (2) Your concern of whether there are 'other places to look
> for those files'.
> It seems that you want to wait for confirmations/denials for (2) before
> fixing (1). If there is none then (1) stays forever. I think it is better to
> separate two issues.
> First, fix (1) as if (2) doesn't exist (if you have problem
> with this then consider: the old code is coded as if (2) doesn't
> exist, why should the patched code be different?)
> Then, wait for confirmations for (2). You can always patch again if a
> confirmation emerges - it is never too late. If no answer comes up,
> at least the bug doesn't stay forever.
There is no need to do anything in base-files for (1) since cygpath has been
fixed already and with no information to the contrary, no concern about (2).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple